Meet the team
Why the GAT Institute?
Research demonstrates that it is the quality of pupils' classroom experiences that can have the largest impact on their success. We also know that investing in the development of our staff has the biggest potential to improve these experiences, whilst developing colleagues to thrive within their own careers.
With this in mind, the GAT Institute brings the opportunity for all staff to access a comprehensive, individualised professional learning offer that will develop your expertise whilst helping you to achieve your career aspirations.
What will the Institute provide?
The Institute will provide the following:
- A professional development curriculum tailored to meet the needs of you and your colleagues.
- The full suite of NPQ and ECT qualifications in partnership with Ambition Institute, specifically tailored to our context and the development needs of our staff.
- Individual career development pathways for all employees, ensuring everyone can grow together.
- A dedicated Learning Hub in Nottingham. This will be the Institute's base for sharing knowledge and best practice whether that be face-to-face or online.
National Professional Qualifications
We will be offering the full suite of National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) in partnership with Ambition Institute.
NPQs are available for teachers and leaders who want to develop their knowledge and skills in specialist areas of teaching practice. There are:
- 4 leadership NPQs in senior leadership, headship, executive leadership and early years leadership
- 4 NPQs for teachers and leaders who want to develop their expertise in specialist areas of teaching practice including leading teaching, teacher development, literacy and behaviour and culture
To find out more about the NPQs please click here
To express an interest in doing one of the NPQs with us, please email us at one of the following addresses.
Early Career Framework
We will also be partnering with Ambition Institute to deliver the two-year ECT programme. We will be communicating with ECT leads and Principals about this as soon as possible.
How can I get involved?
We would love to hear from any member of staff in a school-based role who would be interested in helping to shape our offer through our focus groups. Initially, we will meet once each half-term to discuss progress, share ideas and provide feedback.
If you are interested in being part of our focus groups, or would like to express an interest in doing one of the NPQs with us, please email us at one of the following addresses: