Schools Week Roundtable with Jamie Kilner
Roundtable | The roaring twenties – a vocational revolution for schools?
Watch our very own Jamie Kilner (GAT Senior Advisor – Vocational Curriculum / Director of Sport) take part in Schools Week's Roundtable on the 25th of February 2021.
The discussion was led by Laura McInerney and brought to life the following topics:
- What role should schools play in ‘employability’ and how can schools ensure students have the skills they need for the jobs of the future?
- Are schools making the most of vocational options?
- What are the local challenges in developing employability skills and encounters?
- How can employability be championed by school leaders and embedded across the curriculum?
- What more can be done in a post-pandemic environment?
- What are the skills employers acknowledge as being the most vital?
- How are they developed and demonstrated?
- Wes Streeting MP, Shadow Schools Minister
- Cindy Rampersaud, Senior Vice-President for BTEC and Apprenticeships
- Pearson Oli de Botton, CEO, Careers and Enterprise Company
- Judith Fremont-Barnes, Headteacher, Milton Abbey School
- Jamie Kilner, Senior Advisor – Vocational Curriculum, Greenwood Academies Trust
- Ian Parry, Headteacher, Meols Cop High School
- Audrey Clegg, Group Talent Director, Coca-Cola HBC