Regional Finance Manager – (Maternity Cover)
We are looking to recruit a credible Regional Finance Manager to work with a number of our Peterborough Academies. This is a service lead role, which requires a strong partnering approach.
37 hours a week, all year around
£36,153 - £39,002
Fixed Term, maternity cover
Closing Date: 22 July 2018 at midnight
The key aspects to this role is the ability to influence, manage relationships and support non finance stakeholders in achieving their own objectives relating to month end close, consolidation and reporting.
Key areas of focus:
- production of monthly management accounts
- forecasting on a rolling monthly basis
- support the Senior Leadership Teams in the business planning process
- financial and commercial support to key stakeholders
- work with the Central Finance Team based at Head Office to ensure risks are escalated effectively
- challenge the Senior Leadership Teams from a financial aspect
- promote strong financial control and cost control within the Academies;
- ensure Trust policies and procedures are followed;
- overall responsibility for managing the academies day to day financial issues
- managing a team of finance staff.
The successful applicant will be a commercially orientated qualified professional with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work through complex problems. You will be analytical with a strong attention to detail, but also able to see the bigger picture. You should be able to effectively lead, manage and motivate a small team.
Advanced excel skills are essential; experience in a school setting would be beneficial but is not essential.
- good interpersonal skills to build relationships with senior staff
- down to earth, hands on pragmatic individual
- forward thinker who enjoys solving problems.
The role will be predominately based from the City of Peterborough Academy but travel will be required.
This is a full time, all year round position. We encourage all applicants to visit our academies, to get a real feel for our school life. To arrange a mutually convenient time, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
TO APPLY please email a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference in your email.
WANT TO STAY INFORMED?
If you have any questions regarding a vacancy or to request a paper application form please call:
0115 748 3344